Wine Tours & Maori Culture
Kia Ora and Welcome!
WanaHaka is focused on giving you a true Māori experience to connect you with the Tangata Whenua (people of the land).
Our Māori and Wine tours have been operating since 2008 and we would love to share our passion with you.
Māori Culture (30-45 minutes)
At WanaHaka we have 3 different Powhiri/Wanaka welcome options.
1. This option is ideal if you want to experience the welcome at the tree in the water (#thatwanakatree).
2. The small group option is designed for groups of 10+ and is ideal if you want to experience the welcome at the tree in the water (#thatwanakatree) or at a specific location in Queenstown or Wanaka.
3. This is a Wedding Welcome and is more personalised towards your wedding and to provide your guests with a unique Māori culture experience to include in your special day here in New Zealand. For the bride and the groom, their own authentic New Zealand bone carvings are included.
Māori are the indigenous people of Aotearoa New Zealand, with a rich history which we want to share with you.
Wine Tour (3 tour options available)
You will receive the authentic Māori culture & wine experience, visiting boutique and more personalised Central Otago wineries in the Wanaka, Tarras and Cromwell area with a high likelihood of the wine maker hosting.
There are three tour options available with WanaHaka to suit your needs.
1) A 2.5 hour tour in the Wanaka and Tarras area which includes all tastings of 10-14 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and transfers*.
2) A 4 hour tour in the Wanaka/Cromwell area and includes all tastings of 15-20 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter.
3) A 5 hour tour in the Wanaka/Cromwell area and includes all tastings of 22-26 including Pinot Noir, Rose, Sav Blanc, Chardonnay and even a Blondie or Honi, transfers* and cheese platter.
This is the only wine tour in Central Otago that connects the amazing wines and land with our Māori culture of New Zealand.
*Transfers included from your Wanaka and Cromwell accommodation, transfers also from Queenstown (*small fee applies). The tours below can be modified to suit your individual or groups specific needs so please ask for more information.