Property Type: House Unit Code: MTIRON21
Iron Lodge log chalet, is as captivating as the country it resides in. Sitting high on a ridge, it overlooks Wanaka township, just 700m away. This Lodge style home is full of character and charm to match.
After the brightness of the central Otago light, "Iron Lodge" provides a calm sense of retreat.
You will enter into the kitchen with low log rafters, before moving to the living space with its soaring ceilings. It’s clever architecture and a unique experience, it creates a “decompression” experience.
Dine in grandeur on the 8 seater, bespoke rustic table, below the softy glowing antler chandelier. Or enjoy a more casual meal or canapés around the kitchen table (ideal for feeding the kids at too).
The living area provides multiple options. Either lounge together on the classic sofa in front of the TV or break away and sink into the vintage Italian leather wingback chairs, in front of the fire.
There is a downstairs, ensuited bedroom, packed with romantic charm.
Timeless lodge charm continues on the mezzanine, leading to two bedrooms and the main bathroom, plus another ensuited bedroom. The snug is big enough for two – gaze out over the golf course and mountains beyond, or bring your favourite read.
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS
The beds are deliciously comfortable and you will awake feeling refreshed, with views of Mt Iron from each bedroom.
There are 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (plus a powder room) as follows:
Bedroom 1 = 1 x Queen and ensuite
Bedroom 2 = 1 x Queen and ensuite
Bedroom 3 = 1 x Double (the pink room)
Bedroom 4 = 1 x Queen (the blue room)
Main bathroom (upstairs)
Powder room (downstairs)
The wrap around, open plan kitchen is perfectly setup to test your chef skills, whilst entertaining your friends and family at the same time. The dedicated wine fridge will ensure the chardy’s at perfect savouring temperature.
ENTERTAINMENT AND LIVING AREAS
After a day of outdoor adventures, cosy up in front of the fire on the Turkish rug or club-style leather chairs. Alternatively, lounge on the sofa and big armchairs, with the brand new, 55 inch Panasonic television, with Sky TV; or take advantage of the unlimited WiFi to watch a film on Netflix. For the warmer months, open up the big French style doors onto the patio area with a huge garden. Great for kids or for getting a fierce game of badminton happening! The large outdoor table is ideal for bbq cooking and entertaining.
- Gas fire
- Smart TV in lounge
- Unlimited WiFi
- Sky TV, including Sports channel
- Outdoor garden & entertaining areas
- storage for skis and boots
- Parking on and off-street
Elevated conveniently to enhance the wonderful views, Iron Lodge is a short walk from the town centre, the Mount Iron walking track, as well as the convenience of a local butcher, café, and shops a short 5 minute walk away.
• Spring Off peak September 1st – December 20th
• Christmas/New Year tariff (5 night minimum stay) December 21st – January 5th
• Summer Peak (3 night minimum) January 6th – February 28th
• Autumn Off peak March 1st – June 30th (excluding events)
• Winter peak (5 night minimum stay) July 1st – August 31st
• Rates are a guide only & subject to change
• *Note special events and Christmas/New Years tariff subject to increased nightly rates and minimum stay
• Additional fees include pre-arrival inspection, house linens, towels and standard departure clean
• Please note that stays of 7+ nights may require mid-stay clean/linen change where additional charges may apply
• Prices are for up to 8 people. Additional beds & linen maybe available upon request – ask reservations
• Minimum age requirement 25 years or older for the leading group member (photo ID required)
• Bond $750
3 x Queen Beds
1 x Full Bed
Stayed 3 days ending 20 Apr 2018
Amazing attention to detail at Iron Lodge. The warm cozy leather chairs next to the fire at night reminded us of skiing in Switzerland. We will definitely be back for a winter stay. Highly recommend!
Nick at Goodstays replied…
Kia ora Nick, Thank you for your review and great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Iron Lodge. This property truly incredibly cozy and inviting, the owners have done an absolute amazing job with the furnishing and style. We look forward to hearing from you next time you choose to visit Wanaka or Queenstown. Regards, Goodstays.