GLENDHU STATION HOMESTEAD A SUMMARY:
Where history, charm and majestic mountain vistas collide, Glendhu Station Homestead provides not only a stay but an experience. Nestled on a private leafy plot, only a short scenic drive from the centre of Wanaka, the property is a rustic mountain oasis with room for the whole family.
Situated in Glendhu bay, a small settlement on the shores of Lake Wanaka, the property provides a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the town centre, with the convenience of being mere a 15-minute drive away from world-class eateries and shopping. If hiking is your thing, you can be at the start of the legendary Roy’s Peak track within minutes. Or if you prefer mountain biking, the Glendhu Bay trail offers spectacular mountain and lake views.
More than just a property, Glendhu Station homestead is a historical landmark that has been thoughtfully adapted into a rustic yet refined space that instantly makes you feel welcome. The front lounge of the Homestead was originally the post office and general store built in 1894. This served those working on the original Wanaka Station Run which at that time included, Alpha Burn Station, West Wanaka Station and what is now Glendhu Station. The homestead itself includes four bedrooms, a large bunk room and play area, two bathrooms, a formal dining and lounge, TV room and a large kitchen and informal dining.
KITCHEN AND LIVING:
The generous character-packed kitchen is every entertainer’s dream, with all the modern amenities one could need to whip up a gourmet meal. With two dining tables and two living areas to choose from, you are really spoilt for choice on where to dine. On a cold night, snuggle up on the couch with a hot chocolate in front of one of two wood burning fires. And on a sunny day, lay in the bay window and bathe in the light with your favourite book.
One of the highlights of the homestead are the mature gardens, which have been well manicured into a lush green space, complete with a tennis court, offering a peaceful surround in which to retreat after an action-packed day. The living areas open up to a generous courtyard with a plethora of outdoor furniture and a BBQ, an idyllic spot to dine alfresco with your whole group.
There is plenty of room for everyone, with four spacious bedrooms filled with old school charm and comfortable furnishings. The rich history of the property is evident in some of the vintage touches, such as the light fittings and etched glass windows.
Master bedroom: 1 x Split King (split on request)
Bedroom 2: 1 x Queen
Bedroom 3: 1 x Queen
Bedroom 4: 1 x Queen
Bedroom 5: 1 x bunk, 2 x singles
- Off-street parking
- Espresso Maker
- Heated towel rails
- Double shower
- Cot room (available on request)
- 2 x living areas
- 2 x dining areas
- Tennis court
- Expansive gardens
• Spring Off peak September 1st – December 20th
• Christmas/New Year tariff (5 night minimum stay) December 21st – January 5th
• Summer Peak (3 night minimum) January 6th – February 28th
• Autumn Off peak March 1st – June 30th (excluding events)
• Winter peak (5 night minimum stay) July 1st – August 31st
• Rates are a guide only & subject to change
• *Note special events and Christmas/New Year’s tariff subject to increased nightly rates and minimum stay
• Additional fees include pre-arrival inspection, house linens, towels and standard departure clean
• Please note that stays of 7+ nights may require mid-stay clean/linen change where additional charges may apply
• Prices are for up to 8 people. Additional beds & linen maybe available upon request – ask reservations
• Minimum age requirement 25 years or older for the leading group member (photo ID required)
• Bond $750
1 x King
3 x Queen
2 x Single
1 x Bunk
Full Kitchen, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Microwave, Toaster, Cookware, Dishwasher
Washer & Dryer