AVATAR BY THE LAKE PROPERTY SUMMARY:
Sitting high on a ridge overlooking Lake Hawea and its surrounding mountains, this classic Kiwi style bach has award winning views all just a short walk from the small Hawea township.
Enter through the main entrance and you'll find the living space directly opposite two bedrooms to the rear. The kitchen to your left-hand side leads through to the bathroom. The sleepout has a brand new king size single bed with trundle providing additional options for groups or families. The living area provides the perfect spot to relax in with its classic sofas. The large sliding door opens out to breathtaking views and the front garden.
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS
The bedrooms are adjacent and all on one level providing warmth throughout.
There are 3 bedrooms as follows:
Master bedroom = 1 x Queen
Bedroom 2 = 1 x Queen
Bedroom 3 = 1 x King plus trundle (please note that this room is the sleepout)
Additional beds available upon request – ask reservations
The kitchen is complete with everything you need for your stay.
ENTERTAINMENT AND LIVING AREAS
This charming lounge area consists of big armchairs and a sofa to sit back and watch the stunning views. Alternatively, switch on the smart TV with free view. For the warmer months, open up the big sliding door onto the patio area with a large garden both front and rear. This place is great for kids!
- Heat pump
- Smart TV in lounge
- Outdoor garden & entertaining areas
- Parking on and off-street
Elevated conveniently to enhance the wonderful views, Avatar By The Lake is located above walking/biking trails. You also the convenience of a café and dairy just moments away.
• Spring Off peak September 1st – December 20th
• Christmas/New Year tariff (5 night minimum stay) December 21st – January 5th
• Summer Peak (3 night minimum) January 6th – February 28th
• Autumn Off peak March 1st – June 30th (excluding events)
• Winter peak (5 night minimum stay) July 1st – August 31st
• Rates are a guide only & subject to change
• *Note special events and Christmas/New Years tariff subject to increased nightly rates and minimum stay
• Additional fees include pre-arrival inspection, house linens, towels and standard departure clean
• Please note that stays of 7+ nights may require mid-stay clean/linen change where additional charges may apply
• Prices are for up to 6 people. Additional beds & linen maybe available upon request – ask reservations
• Minimum age requirement 25 years or older for the leading group member (photo ID required)
• Bond $250.
2 x Queen
1 x Single
1 x Other
Stayed 6 days ending 29 Dec 2018
we enjoyed our stay and the view was to "die for". it was a nice warm home and everything was perfect for our holiday.
we will definitely come back and recommend this location to family and friends
Thoughts from Jo W. (Kaiapoi, New Zealand)
Stayed 3 days ending 02 Apr 2018
Despite a misunderstanding at the beginning of our trip, Goodstays Wanaka sorted the problem and we stayed in this quaint, genuine 1960's kiwi bach with a million dollar view. The property was clean and tidy but be warned, the driveway is steep and a bit awkward.
Nick at Goodstays replied…
Dear Jo, Thank you for your review and great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Avatar By The Lake. Happy to hear your problem was solved. Driveways certainly can be a bit awkward in this mountainous town, I trust you were pro at navigating it by the end of your trip :-) We look forward to hearing from you next time you plan a visit to either Queenstown or Wanaka. Warm Regards, Goodstays